Sunday, December 22, 2013

when life is hard.

This last week has been hard. My dad was diagnosed with four brain bleeds and a traumatic brain injury after his fall about a month ago. That fall left my dad paralyzed from the belly-button down. The funny thing is, I feel like I can handle my dad's paralysis. What I'm struggling to handle is how everyone else is coping with the accident and all the surrounding information. If I'm being completely honest, it feels like Satan is tearing our family apart one little lie at a time. He is so good at what he does. What I'm thankful for though is that my God is bigger. One of the verses that God laid on my heart today was- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths". Many times this verse has come off as cliché however today, that verse took on new meaning. Thankful too, that I have a God that I can trust. I do not need to worry or be afraid because He will be right there with me, through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment